With the surge of different platforms for digital marketing including blogs and social media, some businesses tend to overlook one of the most effective models of internet marketing: pay-per-click.
You may already have an understanding of how pay-per-click campaigns work, but for those who don’t, let’s quickly define it. Essentially, it is like buying visits to your site, instead of trying to earn them organically. Advertisers pay whenever one of their ads gets clicked, hence, the name.
Here, we have listed down five reasons why you should not forget about pay-per-click.
- Because you are in full control of your own ad, you can test lots of messages. You need not be committed to just one version of your ad. PPC (pay-per-click) is an effective way to test combinations of words to see if there is an increase in the relevance of your keywords from ad copy to landing pages. Make sure that the promise from the ad is reflecting the landing page and headline.
- You can try PPC in different markets. If an ad, for example, is working in a particular market, you can check the same one in another to see if it works just as well. This also means you can target ideal customers for specific geographical locations where your ads will be shown. Some platforms even allow you to narrow your target using age and gender.
- You do not have to worry about any updates to be done because these are paid search ads and they are not affected when search engines refresh. This is unlike natural or unpaid results that could see major changes when search engines roll out new algorithm updates.
- You can expect instant traffic. Why? Well, you can have your company’s ads placed on the top of search results almost as soon as you have set up your campaign.
- Pay-per-click can be really effective for businesses with small budgets. Because you can focus on key words that consumers type in when they are ready to buy, and add geography, you can pinpoint qualified customers. You avoid broad matches and general keywords or else you’ll be paying for unqualified clicks. Due to its auction format, your price is driven by demand. There is no overspending for self-service methods.
There are few new businesses that have enormous amounts of cash allotted for marketing. If you want to invest on a method that will deliver results, go for carefully run and measured pay-per-click services. If you think this is for you and you do not know where to start, you can contact us and we can discuss how it could work for you!