What You Should Know about Short-Form Video
Short-form video is a great marketing tool that can help businesses connect with customers on a personal level and in a faster way. Talk about delivering information in no more than 60 seconds! Some experts say that it is expected that video is to account for around 79% of global internet traffic by the year 2020. Now that we’re just a few years away, it means there’s absolutely no better time to begin making those marketing short-form videos than today!
Short-form videos can easily create an even greater awareness for your brand, generate leads, and help you keep your existing customers. To help you understand, here’s what you need to know about short-form videos:
TYPES OF SHORT-FORM VIDEOS
Basically, short-form videos last for no more than 10 minutes. Any online video that is longer than that is considered a long-for video. According to statistics, most businesses (and customers, too) prefer short and concise videos that are both engaging and informative. In fact, about 60% of senior executives prefer watching a video to reading long texts. About 95% of B2B buyers also like shorter content formats better.
- Explainer or Tutorial Videos – This is the type of short-form video that is used by a business to show its viewers how to deal with a particular real life situation or concern using its products or services! An explainer video lasts less than five minutes and the goal is for the viewers to get interested and learn something.
- Product Demo Video – With this type of short-form video, you can have one or more of your employees to demonstrate your products in a series of videos. When customers visit your website to get product information, you can expect that most of them would be likely to check out a short product demonstration video first before reading an article about the product.
- Website Intro Video – As the name suggests, an introduction video on a business’ homepage can quickly give customers an overview, a glimpse of what the company has to offer so to speak. This is a great way to show a prospective customer what they can expect from you, so make sure you showcase your and your company’s personality, too!
- Testimonials – You can have happy customers speak on short videos on how pleased they are with your product or service. This type of short-form video can be quite persuasive. Clients like to see a lot of good testimonials and these can even encourage prospective clients to reach out.
- Company Spotlight Video – This particular type of short-form video often features a certain department or employee, demonstrating how things are done in the company. This gives clients a feeling of deeper connection with your business. This could also attract talented people who might be interested in joining your company.
Once you know what short-form videos you need and you’re done creating them, you can have them posted online. To make your videos efficient, you have to truly embrace search engine optimization to make them searchable.
Make sure that your videos are posted on all your platforms including your social media and website. Use catchy headlines and make use of hashtags smartly. Don’t worry if your first few videos are not that perfect. Your customers are not expecting an extravagant production!
Short-form videos are just one way of marketing your brand online. If you need more advice or assistance on getting your name out there, reach out to us and we’d be happy to help you grow your business!